Mets Rumors & News
This entry was posted on Friday, February 23rd, 2007 at 2:34 am and is filed under Baseball, Mets Rumors & News. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.

It was reported early this morning that Orlando “El Duque” Hernandez had flown to New York to undergo tests at the Hospital for Special Surgery after experiencing stiffness in his upper neck. According to Omar Minaya, “this is more preventative stuff than anything else.”

Some further comments from Minaya, courtesy of audio posted by Adam Rubin of the Daily News on his blog.

“I’m not concerned at all, but it’s one of those things things you’re gonna get early in camp and you wanna make sure you get it out of the way…He should be back here tomorrow.”

However over on his LoHud blog, Journal News reporter John Delcos speculate that all is not well in Mets land. Says Delcos:

GM Omar Minaya said Orlando Hernandez complained of similar pain last year, but it didn’t force him from the rotation. Hernandez said this resurfaced a couple of days ago after throwing BP.

Minaya said he’s not concerned, but I’m not buying. There are already enough questions in the Mets’ rotation. We knew health would be an issue. Just not this early.

Comments are closed.

  • Press Harbor