Yankees Rumors & News
This entry was posted on Thursday, February 12th, 2009 at 2:40 pm and is filed under Baseball, Yankees Rumors & News, |. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.

After watching the Alex Rodriguez’s interview this past Monday where he plead guilty to steroid use, one can only wonder if A-Rod really thinks before he speaks.

In a world where there are lawyers, agents, and publicists advising these millionaire athletes of what to say long before they are in front of the cameras, there is nobody to blame but the person.

On Monday with his interview with Peter Gammons, A-Rod stated “When I arrived in Texas in 2001, I felt an enormous amount of pressure. I felt like I had all the weight of the world on top of me, and I needed to perform, and perform at a high level every day.”

A-Rod, what type of pressure did you feel when you came to the premiere baseball market of the world in New York as the highest paid and best player in the game? How did you handle the most pressure of your often criticized life in New York?

Even better, if this story never leaked and A-Rod became the all time home run king and a first ballot Hall Of Fame election; would he have felt guilty giving his speech and accepting his plaque? Would the 800 pound gorilla that he stated was on his back this past Monday been too heavy to accept baseball’s ultimate achievement?

Only A-Rod can answer these questions.

In the meantime, the only thing that we can do as baseball fans is sit and wonder what could have been for one of the most gifted players in baseball history.

Thanks A-Rod.

There are currently 6 responses to “The real questions for A-Rod”

1. 1 On February 12th, 2009, JC said:

Asterisk Time Daddy

2. 2 On February 12th, 2009, Devilman said:

Once a cheater always a cheater. Thank you Steinbrenner for making sure the Mets can’t get him! 😛

3. 3 On February 12th, 2009, JD Kramer said:

This is why Pete Rose needs to be in the hall. He would sprint out of the dugout and slide headfirst all the time – didn’t need anything other than his kick-a** attitude to get the job done. He puts all these recent roid-sters to shame! A-Rod’s Pathetic.

4. 4 On February 12th, 2009, gozer said:

Forget about when he arrived in New York – How about last winter when he signed a 10-year contract worth $305 million that dwarfs the contract he signed in Texas? Did he feel enormous pressure then? Who’s to say he hasn’t turned to HGH or some designer ‘roid?

It’s all a sham. At this point I’m just hoping none of my favorites are guilty and that jerkwads like Bonds and A-Rod remain the face of this scandal.

5. 5 On February 17th, 2009, Crispin said:

I for one thinks an asterisk needs to be placed by all his stats. I think he’s more sorry he got caught than sorry he cheated.

6. 6 On February 17th, 2009, Christopher Lee said:

The problem is that if you put an asterisk by A-rod’s stats (which I guess you kinda have to do) then you have to put one by most of the stats that have been recorded the last twenty or so years. The abuse is like an infestation, it permeates all of baseball it seems. The Player’s Union has really screwed themselves